Thursday, 21 May 2009

Raging over head/ache

It's May. I've shaken out my feather duvet and mohair blanket. I've dusted off my oil heater. Slippers don't get put away and Oscar has started sleeping on my head and wakes me up in the morning by scratching to get under the covers and curl up in my stomach/groin/thigh crook. It's cold and it's getting colder.

Yesterday was a freakishly warm, almost tropical, day. The prom in Sea Point buzzed with strollers, runners, dog walkers - folk making the most of the weather and the beauty of Cape Town. Yesterday, it felt good to be alive!

This morning at about 4am, it didn't. I woke up with a cracking headache, after a spontaneous and soul-filling-lovely evening with one of my closest friends and too much wine. I got up to take a headache pill, realized to my horror that I only had one left, which I dropped and had to crawl around on the floor to find it. Curses.

Not much later, I was dozing, nauseous, praying I'd keep the only thing that would deliver me from evil down, when the sky unleashed it's furry on Cape Town. The heat of the day culminated in the biggest thunder and lightning display I've ever seen. (Okay, heard - normally I would have bounded out of bed to behold the force. Normally, I'm not hungover.)

But, email prevailed and these made their way to me this afternoon.






Sadly, I don't know the original source of the photos and can't credit them.





2 comments:

  1. awesome pics! i woke up to experience the lightshow but didn't get the ragged detail, only flashes. heh. someone else saw the whole of the moon i guess...hyuk hyuk...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on! Waterboys ALWAYS do it for me. Woot!

    ReplyDelete