Tuesday, 02 June 2009

Alice Banned

I got sucked in AGAIN. And got a headache for my trouble. The trouble is I love cute alicebands. And trouble doubled when I popped into Woolies recently to buy a hen party present and walked out with six alicebands. I couldn’t resist. Even though that little voice in my head was shrieking: don’t do it. You know they hurt you. You know you only wear them for 10mins before you pull them off and hurl them into your draw at work.

And what did I do? Ignored The Voice and raised my arm to the display to grab: the skinny satin black one with the little bow, which also came in gunmetal grey and silvery grey. And then, the chocolate brown faux crocodile one, the tweed one and the brown on with neat beige stitching. Before I knew it I was on my way to Mitchell’s Brewery for a pint with the studio peeps. (I know; if I’d already been drinking I’d have had a better excuse.)

Of course, reason was right. The ones with the cute bows hurt like mofo’s. In fact, the gunmetal grey one is lying forlornly on my desk as I type. I’ve been pondering possible solutions for this for a few weeks now:
  1. ABs need to come in small, medium and large. If the ends ended higher, they wouldn’t hurt. I think.
  2. Find a way to bend them back without breaking them.
  3. Find a spongy cushion for the ends, but one that is unobtrusive and doesn’t leave me looking like Dumbo.
  4. Stop buying ABs? Nah. I will not consider this until I’ve exhausted all the above options (and other's I haven't thought of) or my tolerance of headache pills means prescription drugs.

6 comments:

  1. If you find a solution, let me know. Damn things hurt like the blazes, but they are the cutest and the easiest.

    Though I do note a definite 'neutral colours' streak in your buying spree... Me, I go for the hot orange one and the yellow one with the hearts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've never really been one for bring colours with hair accessories! Brooches or necklaces - for shiz!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Er, BRIGHT colours. My hands are frozen after a ciggi on the balcony. It's frikkin' freezing in CT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried those bands that are like really big elastic bands..? They do the same job but are not as sore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! I've tried those - Ash gave them a name, I can't remember what. Sadly, those do the sneakily slip further and further off my head thing till I unknowingly look like a dork with a wonky band in my hair that's lifting all my hair up at the back and gaping in the front. (Yes, I'm a little vain.) :)

    ReplyDelete