Friday, 08 May 2009

Trading Traditional

A friend of mine got married recently and, for the first time in my life, I was asked to be a bridesmaid! So in the run-up to the wedding (she had only 10 weeks to plan it, and no, she isn’t knocked-up) I immersed myself in Google Image searches (from bridesmaids to dress and all the variants in-between), Vera Wang On Weddings and as many wedding blogs I could find!

My bride had a vision and a fairly traditional spec for her three maids (which ended up looking incredible), so I couldn’t stray from that. But I found things that really struck a chord with me, and even though you’re not going to hear the opening notes of the Wedding March played for me, any time soon, I just wanted to share these:
Now, I’m a Converse girl, and always have been… PLUS heels have never really been my friends (sad, but true). So these totally ROCK!
[From Wedding Paper Divas]



But, the tiny princess in me (that loves all the pretty heels I can’t wear) also loves shoes that DON’T match the dress and are bright and bold and sassy!
[From Wedding Paper Divas]



Still with shoes… this time for the bridesmaids. I love the black dresses (so easy to choose something you can wear again) but even more so, the individuality of each maid stepping to the fore! (Especially the peep-toe reds with ankle straps!)
[From The Laura Kay Blog]

Once I'd stumbled onto The Laura Kay Blog I was hooked! Great photography of all kinds. And I fell in love with the contrast in these pictures:

I would love my wedding photos be full of the unexpected!
[From The Laura Kay Blog]


And then, the tour de force of wedding guests’ gifts: A wedding mix!

This is the BEST pressie for guests I've ever seen! And I'm SO going to do it too... if I ever get married, that is.
But that's a whole other conversation :)


No comments:

Post a Comment