Thursday, 12 March 2009

Here comes the sun OR Not a morning person

My friend Sam is doing a photograph collective for an internal project at her agency. She’s asked people to take a photo of the first things they see in the morning and write down their first thoughts/what they say to their loved ones in the morning. (The idea is that most of us work with the same people every day, but there’s a lot about their lives that we never see!) She’s compiling all the images and lines to project it on the wall at Draft.

So, I said I’d contribute (even though I don’t work there anymore) and even though I’m not a morning person, I’m really happy with how the pics turned out, so here’s a little slice of my (sun)rise:
7AM already: The only thought that goes through my mind is "noooooooooooo, ugh".

It's been so hot, so I've been sleeping under a sheet
and throw the duvet over the bottom of the bed.

Oscar snoozes until I get up.

Summer is fading, the mornings are lighter later.
The sky matches the Mount Nelson.

After my shower, I slip through to the kitchen to make tea.
Normal tea, full cream milk and two sugars. Standard issue.

I'd like to say I wake up every morning and sip my tea on my balcony
while watching the sun rise. But that'd be a lie! It's beautiful though.
Although, if I had the choice, I'd probably still be in bed.

Drain the cup, find my shoes, don't forget my cell phone,
kiss the cat and I'm off for another day.





No comments:

Post a Comment