Wednesday, 06 August 2008

puppy love

Oh, she’s lovely. Her name is Ruby and she’s a 3-month old Dauschhund puppy. Kim, one of our Project Managers, has brought her to work for the past few days. I first caught wind of her as squeals of delight skipped down the passage and through my office door. Normally, I think that animals should be left at home, and dogs, in the garden. Work is no place for them. But, there’s no doubt that a little piece of fur bounding down the hallways is good for the soul. In the gloomy, stressed, haphazard working day, a little puppy love goes a long way.

Her little legs working double time to keep up with an Art Director, striding, unaware to the colour printer. Her yaps of excitement at the next scarf and tassels to nip and tug. Her shuffling, wet nose in your ear if you let her. All magic spells to snatch away the tension that fingers its way over my shoulders, up my neck and over my skull. I don’t mind that she turned my neat bun into a bird’s nest. I just breathe in her puppy breath and feel content.

She won’t come tomorrow, or again. But her brief, cuddly visit has worked wonders on an otherwise dreary Wednesday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment