Tuesday, 02 September 2008

Cape of Storms

As the US braces itself for another hurricane, Cape Town was battered and bullied by a storm of its own this weekend. Foam and sea water hurled itself on to Beach Rd in Sea Point and the houses at Bakoven stood bravely in the face of eminent destruction. It made the front page. The little haven of a beach vanished beneath the waves.

I experienced my own little piece of the action at The Palms. A tree, torn in two, collapsed and took with it the boundary fence. Thankfully there was no damage to my car, or any others as far as I can tell. The novelty soon wore off as I realized that the tree, lying breathless in the parking lot has made getting in and out of my parking bay even more awkward than it already is. Now, I’m totally reliant on other cars not being there to escape and so, I’ve resolved to park in the visitors/shopper bays. (Actually finding a vacant bay at 17h30, notwithstanding.) I dare them to clamp my wheel. Go on, you know you want to.



No comments:

Post a Comment