Tuesday, 25 March 2008

Everything's changing but I still feel the same...

I think, for the first time, I get that line in Keene's song.

Rob and Tink got married, Alv and Lin got married. Rob's off on an extended Indo adventure. Georgia's pregnant. Diane's pregnant. Mike and Georgia are talking about Australia, and Ally and Craig are talking about New Zealand.

And so it goes... change. I'm still trying to work out how I feel about all of it happening at once. It's the age, it's the time.
And sometimes I get an attack of the "what about me-s?" and sometimes I'm happy to stay right where I am. There was a
time when everything happened together - passing matric, passing your drivers license, turning 21 and graduating. Going
to London and coming home. And now we follow our own paths, banking on friendship circles and for those further afield,
the internet. Or maybe I'm feeling romantic and nostalgic.

Did you know that the pattern on that Keene album is actually piano hammers? Look closely. I think that's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment