Monday, 06 April 2009

Take a tampon but...

I'm fascinated by signage in public toilets. I'm not talking about advertising on the back of toilet doors, I'm talking about signs that the establishment types up in word, prints and prestics to the back of the door. I'm horrified that people need to be reminded to flush! There's a certain amount of irony that this is needed in a Ladies loo!

This one I found in the Ladies toilet at Oblivion, a wine bar in Kennilworth.

(For those of you [men] wondering what the green things are, they're tampons. The kind with applicators.)

For emergency only? Oh, so I can't take these back with me to the bar to whirl around, lasso-style to the beat of "She's a man eater"? Or drop into my date's beer, for a laugh. You're no fun!

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that they've got free tampons in the ladies loo. I mean, what else do you get for free these days? (This weekend I bought nail polish that came with a "free" top coat. When she swiped the top coat it cost 5c. I don't mind paying 5c. But it's not really free is it?)

Of course tampons are also great for blood noses (I think I saw it on a movie once) does that qualify for an emergency? I wonder.

1 comment:

  1. I'd avoid the applicator type for blood-nose emergencies. I think that's only with the non-applicator type. I'm with you on the signage, and also on that it's nice they have them. More bars/restaurants should do that.

    ReplyDelete