Wednesday, 09 July 2008

A strange little conversation about toilet paper...

Last night, visiting Alv and Lin for TAR (the amazing race), emerging from the loo... (it's quite a feat when I only need to go once):

Me: I'm warning you that I've mauled the new toilet roll in your guest loo.
(Although, 10 points to me for actually changing the roll.)
Lin (laughing): It's because it's 1-ply and really stuck down so you have to rip 50 layers off before you have access to loo paper.
Me: Yes! Exactly! Don't you hate it when that happens?
Lin: Or when you finish the roll and the next roll is supposed to drop down.
Me: Totally!!!
Alv: Or when the roll on top is resting on the roll at the bottom so it won't turn!
Me: Or when the new roll is too fat for the toilet roll holder so you break off a square of toilet paper at a time.

We all laugh. And maybe, I laugh the loudest 'cos I've had these thoughts and frustrations many times before, but it's not really something that comes up in conversation. But I've wondered whether it frustrates other people just as much, and I've been too shy to put it out there!

Later that evening... Lin comes back from the loo:

Lin: Wow Wends, you really DID maul the loo paper!
Me: Yeah (grinning... I did warn them!)





No comments:

Post a Comment